CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – After a banner weekend that included back-to-back sweeps against Penn and Princeton, the Harvard women's volleyball team (7-7, 2-3 Ivy) returns for two conference match ups at Brown and Yale this weekend, Oct. 12-13. First serves are set for 7 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively, and will be broadcast on ESPN+.
What to Know
- Harvard swept both Penn and Princeton last weekend at the Malkin Athletic Center, moving into fifth in the league standings with a 7-7 overall record and 2-3 mark in conference action.
- The Crimson registered a season-high .381 hitting percentage against league-leading Princeton on Saturday night, holding the Tigers to a .236 clip.
- Senior co-captain Christina Cornelius was tabbed the Ivy League Player of the Week after posting 23 kills, 15 digs and five blocks through six sets last weekend. The Los Angeles, Calif. native recorded attacking percentages of .381 and .524, knocking in double-digit kills for the seventh time this season.
- Harvard has preserved its unbeaten record at home, enjoying a 4-0 record in the friendly confines of the Malkin Athletic Center.
- Yale sits atop the Ivy League with a 4-1 conference record, while Brown places seventh with a 1-4 mark.
Leading the Way
Head coach Jennifer Weiss is in the midst of her 26th season at the helm of the program, where she has accumulated a 145-150 Ivy record, has led Harvard to three Ivy League titles and has guided 80 All-Ivy selections during her tenure.
Harvard will return home for a five-match home stretch, welcoming Dartmouth to the Malkin Athletic Center on Friday, Oct. 19 for a 7 p.m. contest.