CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard women's volleyball team will begin a five-match homestand this weekend, hosting Dartmouth Friday, Oct. 19 at the Malkin Athletic Center. First serve is set for 7 p.m. and will be broadcast on ESPN+.
What to Know
- Harvard split its two conference matches last weekend, besting Brown in a five-set comeback Friday night, before falling to Yale in three sets on Saturday.
- The Crimson enters the weekend at .500 with an 8-8 record overall and 3-4 mark in Ivy League play, good for fifth in the conference standings.
- Christina Cornelius and Bella Almanza were named to the Ivy League Honor Roll list after their performances last weekend. Senior co-captain Cornelius tied her career-high of 18 kills at Brown, while recording two double-doubles across the two contests. First-year Almanza set a season-high 49 assists and 14 digs at Brown, while following up with her fifth double-double of the season at Yale.
- Dartmouth comes to Cambridge with a 7-10 overall record and 3-4 tally in Ancient Eight action, having bested the Crimson in a tight five set victory back in September.
- Harvard begins a five-match homestand this weekend and currently holds an undefeated record in the friendly confines of the Malkin Athletic Center, having defeated all four opponents its faced at home this season.
Leading the Way
Head coach Jennifer Weiss is in the midst of her 26th season at the helm of the program, where she has accumulated a 145-150 Ivy record, has led Harvard to three Ivy League titles and has guided 80 All-Ivy selections during her tenure.
Harvard will face Columbia and Cornell next weekend, Oct. 26-27, at the Malkin Athletic Center. Matches are slated to begin at 7 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively