CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Closing out the month of October on the road, the Harvard women's volleyball team (4-12, 2-5 Ivy League) will travel to Dartmouth (5-11, 1-6 Ivy League) this Friday, Oct. 25. First serve against the Big Green is set for 7 p.m. and will be broadcast on ESPN+.
What to Know
- The Crimson snapped a three-match losing streak to pick up its second conference win last weekend with a 3-1 victory over Penn at the Malkin Athletic Center to move to 2-5 in the Ivy League. First-year Katie Vorhies and senior co-captain Maclaine Fields led the Crimson attack with 11 and 10 kills, respectively.
- Mindie Mabry came just shy of recording her second double-double of the season against the Quakers with 11 digs and nine kills. The junior outside hitter has recorded double-digit digs in six matches this season and leads the Crimson with 2.28 kills per set.
- Setters Ashley Wang and Bella Almanza continue to lead the Crimson in assists per set with 5.14 and 4.54, respectively. Almanza has consistently delivered from the service line as well, ranking at the top of the Ivy League standings with 0.46 aces per set.
- Defensively, junior Sandra Zeng continues to climb the rankings of the Ivy League, placing eighth overall in digs per set with 3.39 to pace the Crimson.
- Defensive staple Sope Adeleye currently leads the Crimson and the Ivy League in blocks pet set with 1.16. Adeleye has consistently contributed to Harvard's offense as well, topping the lineup in hitting percentage at .304, good for 10th in the conference.
- Dartmouth enters the weekend at the bottom of the Ivy League standings with a 1-6 conference mark and 5-11 overall record.
Head coach Jennifer Weiss is in the midst of her 27th season at the helm of the women's volleyball program, where she has accumulated a 151-158 Ivy record, has led Harvard to three Ivy League titles and has guided 81 All-Ivy selections during her tenure.
Harvard will return home to host Brown and Yale, Nov. 1-2. The Crimson will take on the Brown Bears on Friday at 7 p.m., followed by a 5 p.m. contest against the Bulldogs on Saturday. Both matches will be broadcast on ESPN+.