CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard women's volleyball team (5-14, 3-7 Ivy League) will travel to Penn and Princeton this weekend, Nov. 8-9, for its final two road contests of the season. The Crimson will take on the Quakers on Friday, Nov. 8, before facing the Tigers on Saturday, Nov. 9. Matches are slated to begin at 7 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively, and will be broadcast on ESPN+.
What to Know
- Mindie Mabry recorded at least 20 kills in back-to-back matches last weekend. The junior outside hitter registered 24 kills against Brown on Friday to set a career-high, and followed that performance with an impressive 20 kills against league-leading Yale on Saturday. Mabry also posted double-doubles in each match, adding 16 and 19 digs to her tallies, respectively.
- Sophomore Bella Almanza registered a season-high 36 assists against the Bulldogs last weekend, aiding the Crimson offense with 4.79 assists per set. First-year Ashley Wang tops the line up with 5.04.
- Almanza and Wang continue to dominate at the service line, leading the Ivy League in aces per set with 0.43 and 0.34, respectively.
- Defensively, junior Sandra Zeng leads the back court with 3.38 digs per set, good for eighth in the conference.
- Penn enters the weekend one spot below the Crimson in the league rankings at seventh with a 9-10 overall record and 2-8 league mark. Princeton leads the conference with a 9-1 conference record and 13-6 overall mark.
Head coach Jennifer Weiss is in the midst of her 27th season at the helm of the women's volleyball program, where she has accumulated a 151-158 Ivy record, has led Harvard to three Ivy League titles and has guided 81 All-Ivy selections during her tenure.
Harvard will embark on its last road trip of the season, heading to Penn and Princeton next weekend, Nov. 8-9. Matches are slated to begin at 7 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively, and will be broadcast on ESPN+.